Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's Fair Time!

Oh it's so much more fun with kids! :) I took Addie with my dad last weekend, but of course forgot the camera. We saw the animals, dinosaurs, juggler (hilarious), and Aussie exhibit, but missed the carnival. So yesterday it was time for round 2. This time it was the whole family plus my mom and stepdad. And I remembered the camera. :)

Addie of course had to ride the carousel. It is so hard to get a decent pic on these rides!
Bubba just hung out.
This was the caterpillar ride that scared Addie.
She was very insistent that Grandma take her on every ride. Lucky Grandma! :)
On the train.
And finally Dumbo. Those 5 rides took our entire 30-ticket book. Yay fair! :)
After the rides we went through the animal barns and watched the naval seals skydive in. Addie had, of course, been carried the entire way (again, lucky Grandma!), so when we stopped to change and feed the little guy, she finally got down to run around. You can't tell she was having a good time, can you?

This is apparently her bear phone. ??
Grandma and Grandpa took her through the dinosaur exhibit again and then Grandpa got her a smoothie. :)
Finally made it around to the petting zoo.

Yes, I think the pigs are her favorite.
Loves riding on daddy's shoulders.
The sweet cowboy hat that Grandpa got her. Now that looks like a Fair girl!
I decided to model it today.
And back on the cowgirl. What's on her face you wonder? Who knows. Cheetos, make-up (she was playing in it while I was cleaning the bathroom) . . .

Admission: $37.50
Carnival: $25
Food/Drinks: $24
The enjoyment on a toddler's face: Priceless ;)

While I was loading these pics, I also found these. I had left Addie with Hayden in the living room for a minute while I went to get a glass of water. This is what I came back to (notice the forehead).
At least she was fair and did it to herself too. :) Hey, it's washable!
Check out my mama-made overalls. I meant for him to wear them this winter, but he's too darn big! I'll get a better pic one of these days. Hopefully before he outgrows them!

No comments: