Monday, March 7, 2011

What Have I Been Up To?

Most of what I write about on here pertains to what I've been up to at home, with the kids -- our outings and events. But I'm putting together some information for my annual evaluation and find myself overwhelmed at having to recant my accomplishments in the past year. I've put together what I can think of and must say I'm damn proud of myself. Especially when you add that I had a baby in the middle of this! Just as a little boasting, these are some highlights:
  • Taught 9 classes, including one during the first winter intersession (medical terminology, which I had only taught online before that)
  • Took the lead as clinical coordinator, and found some new sites -- and coordinated the processing of background checks
  • Accepted into a PhD program and took 3 classes
  • Published a book, a book chapter, and 3 journal articles (with a number of co-authors)
  • Gave 4 professional presentations and 2 poster presentations
  • Served on the IRB and 2 college committees
  • Supervised an independent study and 3 internships
  • Served on the IdHIMA board
  • Peer reviewed a textbook and journal article
This is in addition to helping with orientation sessions, doing tons of advising, and attending random department and college meetings. Hmm, no wonder I'm always exhausted! Damn, if I can do this pregnant and with a newborn, how am I going to step it up this year? I mean, I only have a toddler and infant now... ;)

No comments: