Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quick Littles Update

It appears that once you have a second baby you just fall off the face of the earth. Or maybe I'm the only one that can't seem to cope. Obviously I haven't been very good about keeping this blog updated. And talk about a lack of pics. I seem to never have my camera, or if I do, the batteries are dead. I now understand why the second child never has as many pics. But there is definitely no lack of love. :) Anywho, I'm crazy busy and should be doing schoolwork, but just felt that I had to at least do a quick kiddo update.

Addie is definitely a little girl now. She is doing great at daycare and has really picked up her vocabulary. She talks quite a bit and asks questions now (not to the point of being annoying - yet). Her best friend in daycare is Mia, but she also plays with Stilson and Kimi (according to her). She picks out her own clothes, and yes, some days are pretty interesting. She is kind of potty training. We're being pretty casual about it. She has days where she wants to either be naked or wear panties, so she knows she has to go in the potty. But so far she'll only pee in the potty. She wants a diaper when she has to poop. ??? We'll get there soon I'm sure. I'm really hoping it will be before her 3rd birthday. Two kiddos in diapers is definitely starting to wear on me. The way we finally got her to even try? Promised her a big party. Great, this is apparently what motivates my little girl. What are we in for? We have had one successfully dry night, and today had our first successfully dry outing at the park. She has also become very good with her colors. Still working on the alphabet and counting. Can't believe how much she's grown up in the last few months. She loves to play games on my phone, which I'm beginning to regret a bit. Oh well, soon enough I'm sure it will be a Nintendo DS or something. She is already bugging me to use this laptop as I type this. Really - I have a 3 year old (almost) who uses my phone, the laptop, picks out her own clothes, loves lip gloss, talks back, and picks on her brother. Oh dear.

Bubby is just being as cute as can be. He has just in the last couple days began crawling. I use that loosely as he has only done it twice and not for much distance. But it shows that he's right there. He's 10 months - Addie was 8 when she crawled - so he's a little behind her, but I'm not sad about that. He loves to get into whatever you don't want him to, so the longer I can keep him immobile the better. We are going to have to do some serious baby proofing soon (really didn't have to worry about it with Addie). He is a tank - 22 pounds (Addie is about 24) and eats literally everything. If you have food, he better have some too or you're in trouble! He absolutely LOVES ice cream! He only has 6 teeth, but seems to be able to power down just about anything. He's still a total love -- loves to cuddle up close. We've been a little sick off and on for the past couple months (winter), so we've had some upset times, but overall he's pretty easy going and happy most of the time. He is a little more leery of strangers now, but still goes to just about anyone.

Speaking of upset times, I currently have a crying infant and demanding toddler (she "wants to type!"). And a mom that's kinda losing it (no, not because of the kiddos -- although I think anyone with small children is on the verge of losing it at any moment). Off to see if I can find my sanity...

No comments: