Sunday, July 29, 2012

Eagle Island

Another family outing we had recently was to Eagle Island State Park (can you tell I'm unloading my camera?).  I hadn't been in years (like maybe since high school).  I figured it was worth checking out as a place to stay cool, and one of the few places that opens decently early (I like to get up and go in the summer in order to beat the heat, but we often run into things not opening early enough -- Eagle Island opens at sunrise!).  It was great!  Such a perfect place for the kids.  They loved playing in the sand, the water was warm, and both enjoyed the playground.

They particularly loved the climbing wall.






And of course Hayden had to get a snow cone.

Addie goes more my style - with an ice cream sandwich.


Fun times in the sun!  :)

No comments: