Friday, July 17, 2009

To Breed or Not To Breed

Okay, I'm not sure how appropriate that title was, but it was the first thing that came to mind, so I'm stickin' with it. So, in my complaints about being too busy and dealing with a sick kid, not only am I currently blogging instead of doing my schoolwork (that really needs to get done before we leave for Vegas next week), I'm also contemplating having another baby. I know, this may be shocking to some -- I've told a number of people that one was enough. But I went to the park this week with some friends and really enjoyed watching their sibling children play together. I just can't decide if I want to raise Addie as an only-child or not. But I also don't want to have another baby simply because I want a little brother or sister for Addie. And then there's the decision, if we do indeed decide we want another, of when. I originally was thinking when Addie was about 3, but now I'm thinking I might want to have those baby years closer together. That, and with my career and school, I think having a baby sooner would be better. Well, either that, or much later, but I don't think I want that big of gap between my kids. So, if indeed we decide we want another, and if indeed we decide we want it sooner, it's lookin' like real soon. Ideally I'd like another summer baby since school is out, which would mean we're looking at conception in August, September, or October -- that's only a month away! Oh, decisions. BTW, I know most people say you can't plan when to have a baby, but it worked on the first try last time, so I'm guessing it may go a similar way this time. And if we didn't get pregnant right away, I don't think we'd be too heartbroken -- if it's supposed to happen it will happen. Any thoughts anyone? I've heard just about every opinion, but I still like to weigh all my options. ;)

1 comment:

Becky Brown said...

I'm always one for a comment. I can only say that mine are exactly two years apart and the first six months are hell. It's like having two babies who are not even close to being on the same schedule. I didn't have Cameron potty trained, and she wasn't sleeping through the night so I was suffering until those things happened. After the first 6 months...maybe first year, it starts to get better or you just get numb to it all. Now that Tucker is officially two (on Wednesday) and Cameron will be 4 in two weeks, it's pretty great because they play really well together. I wouldn't do it again, however. I would wait for 3. It's hard to wait, but I would wait for 3. Do you hear me? Wait for 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3.