Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm tired . . .

. . . of some questions. I'm tired of being asked how I'm feeling. I am carrying an extra 35 lbs (when I'm not also carrying an extra 25 lbs of Addie), my pelvis feels like it could snap in half at every minute, I have contractions continuously all day and night when I'm doing anything remotely active like attempting to stand up or get into the car yet I still am not in active labor, my stomach is so stretched out and ribs so spread that I actually have a numb spot under my ribs, I've been sick to my stomach with headaches off and on for the last couple days, and I'm completely exhausted. Is that the answer someone really wants to hear when they ask that question? If not, then don't bother asking. Thanks for the concern, but unless you're going to offer to come clean my house, watch my toddler, walk my dogs, or make me dinner, just asking how I feel doesn't really help. Sorry, I'm really grumpy today. Oh, and the incessant "Any baby yet?" or "Any signs of baby yet?" If I had a baby, don't you think I'd call? And I've had "signs" of baby for 2+ weeks -- it obviously doesn't mean anything until I'm really in labor. And if I am really in labor, am I going to take my time to stop and tell you about it? I'm really in a mood today to not talk to anyone. It's sad when my best interactions have been at the DMV and insurance agent. Grouchy, grouchy. So, if anyone is left wondering . . . yes, I'm tired of being pregnant; no, there is no baby yet; no, I'm not in active labor; and yes, I'll tell you when there is a baby. He won't be kept secret for days.

On a positive note, I'm totally digging my van. And I'm not afraid to admit it. So there.

No comments: