Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Party Time! - Day 3

I now have, of course, waited so long that I'm not sure I can remember each day's events.  :P  But I have pics to help.  :)  Our Sunday morning began with some new noises upstairs.  Addie insisted that there was a baby and I said she was crazy.  And then remembered that Loren's cousin Jake had come in Saturday night from Florida with his little boy, Logan, who is just a few months younger than Hayden.  So upstairs we went to investigate these new people (well I've met Jake before, but new to the kids).  Instantly my thoughts of my big wild boy (Hayden) were surpassed by even bigger even wilder Logan.  :)  We said our hellos and caught up a bit, and then I had the brilliant idea to take the kids outside to explore the grounds.

My little bronchosaurus is just chillin' on the tractor.  No biggie.  Just some farmin'.


I say that this was a brilliant idea, because about 10min after being outside, poor Logan took a header on the pavement and split his lip and scratched his face.  Great kid watching on my part.  :P

Here you can see Hayden and Logan together (mind you Logan is 4 months younger than Hayden) and you catch a glimpse of Logan's nice lip.

Addie decided she was going to act as photographer.  Managed to capture the only pic of Grandma that I got on the whole trip!


And beautiful shots of Bubby and myself.  I'm not quite sure why I always insist on the cheesiest smile for her.


We just hung out for a bit that morning.  The kids played and eventually Uncle Ron and Aunt Patty, cousin Liz with husband Arron, and cousin Peter showed up.  Sunday was officially family day.


The festivities were later that afternoon.  The whole Sand clan was meeting at the Kenwood church for Christmas festivities, good food, and a gift exchange.

Addie decided to wear her pretty "Santa" dress.


The kids had a blast at the party, playing with cousins Dillon and Conor.  Hayden basically just enjoyed getting into trouble.  ;)

Dillon even found Addie a bug that came home and spent the night with us.  I finally talked her into letting it go the next morning.  

The evening was spent with silly kids. Hayden cracks me up in the background.

Addie was really into posing for the camera that night.  She kept insisting I take more pics.  Crazy girl.




No comments: