Saturday, September 18, 2010

Quick Update

Unloading the camera as usual, so I thought I'd do a quick update. Addie is sleeping and Hayden is in yelling at dad (not crying, just liking the sound of his voice). :)

I got a few more projects done this week. Here is my flower made with a bit of the remaining yarn I got for Loren's hat. I still need to add beads or a button. No, I didn't make the sweater -- I wish!
I attempted to make Hayden a matching hat with the rest, but it was just too small. This would maybe fit a newborn. So I ripped it all out (Tami, you'd be so proud) and have found a delicious pattern for some fingerless gloves for ME (I rarely knit myself stuff)! Now I'm just fighting with trying to cast both on at the same time (I want to knit them together so I can use as much of the yarn as possible).
I finished Hayden's BSU stuff. I did this hat in a day. I was trying to get a pic - see how helpful Addie is? Don't worry, Hayden is unscathed.
Here's the whole thing! I didn't make it with the intention of putting him in the entire thing (a bit ridiculous) - I just mean them all as separates. But had to take 1 pic just for fun. It is, of course, all too big (I can't seem to make anything that actually fits him!). Better than too small I suppose.
These pants fit pretty good. I just had to get a pic with his belly hanging out. And of course Addie had to be in it. :) I think he totally looks like my brother/dad here.
Last night we hit up the Hyde Park Street Fair. Just to get out of the house. I had a delicious salad and Addie enjoyed the playground (we couldn't get her to leave). Didn't get to do much shopping as it was pretty dark by the time we pryed Addie away from the playground. Planning on going again tomorrow with Jason and Luna. Not sure if we'll get much shopping done then either, but that's okay, cuz who needs to spend money? :) I mainly wanted to do a bit of Christmas shopping. I'm just not into buying all the same old crap from big stores (let's not mention Walmart or Target) -- I'm trying to shop local and do more handmade stuff for Christmas/bdays.

Addie and I went to a birthday party today at Flying Pie. Here's a silly cow hat Addie got to wear.
Hmm, yep, I think the cake was her favorite part. Do you notice her outfit? She had a "normal" outfit on this morning, but I went to a consignment sale and found some pjs -- that she HAD to wear to the party. So yes, she's in a nightgown.

And this is her future husband, Liam, also enjoying his cake.

No comments: