Wednesday, May 6, 2009

First Fever

Looks like Addie has her first illness -- we almost made it to a year! She was super clingy and whiny yesterday and was driving me crazy -- she'd only sleep on me, which is nice snuggles, but I got nothing done. It didn't even occur to me that she didn't feel good -- shows how in-tune of a mother I am. Loren thought she looked weird when he got home, but I still didn't think anything of it. She tossed and turned most of the night, and when Loren picked her up to soothe at about 4:30pm he said she was really hot. I, still, didn't think anything was wrong. But I decided to get the thermometer anyways, and lo and behold, she had a temp of 102.2. Man, did I feel terrible. Here I am complaining about her driving me crazy all day and night, and the poor thing is sick. :( I gave her some children's Motrin to get the fever down, and she slept a couple more hours. Around 7:30am we checked her temp again and it was down. Now she just has a runny nose and is cranky because she's having a hard time sleeping. She's very clingy to me, so I decided to stay home from school (nice excuse, huh), but right now Loren's trying to put her down for a nap. Overall she doesn't seem too worse for the wear (is that the right phrase?) as she's been up playing all morning. Now I'm just concerned for a few plans this week -- tomorrow we're having an end-of-the-year party at school and I had planned on taking her, but I don't want to be the one that shows up with a sick kid. And then Saturday is her birthday -- I'm sure she'll be fine, but I don't want her to get everyone else sick. Guess we'll just have to wait and see . . .

1 comment:

Becky Brown said...

If there is a fever to be had, it will happen on an important event, such as a) first birthday b) easter Sunday c) first all night date planned since you had children d) any time you have company coming e) trips out of state f) any and all of the above combined. Gotta love kids and timing! I used to be paranoid about cancelling things, but now, we just roll with it. Gotta love motrin!