Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Sick Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day and I'm still sick. This has really been one of the worst sick spells I've had. I actually hadn't been sick for about 2 years, other than a very minor cold I had when I was about 6 months pregnant. And this has hit me like a ton of bricks. I think I had gotten overly confident that I just can't get sick anymore. When Addie first got sick I even told Loren I'd like to get it so that I can produce antibodies for her in my breastmilk, but I naively thought I'd get a milder case. I've had horrible body aches, the worst sore throat I've ever had, and now I'm super stuffy (it's even going in my ears) with a nasty cough that makes my throat to my lungs hurt. I think I've watched everything there is to see on TV, and just keep thinking about how behind I am at work, and how I doubt I'll be feeling much better by tomorrow. Each day there just seems to be a new ailment. I feel okay in the mornings, but by early-late evening I'm curled up on the couch or chair. Ugh. Addie seemed to be doing much better yesterday after starting her antibiotics, but today she is super cranky and I'm not sure why. We're a sorry sight. I'm just ready to be over this!

No comments: