Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

I'm totally slacking on blogging that I have a ONE year old! Addie's birthday was last week, but as you know, we were both sick so we had to shift a few things around. Her party was originally planned for Saturday, May 9th, but that obviously wasn't going to happen. So Wednesday rolls around, the day before her actual birthday, and I realize that we have absolutely nothing to celebrate with. So we went to Toys R Us and got her a little paint easel thing and some cute clothes, so she at least had something to open on her birthday. Thursday she slept right through me getting ready for work, so I didn't even get to say happy birthday until I got home that afternoon. We really didn't do much that day, just let her open the gifts we got her.

Here she is on mama's lap looking at her clothes.

Oooh, what's this big one?

Hey, this looks like fun!

Yep, I can play with this.

So the actual birth-day was pretty low-key, but then it was time to get ready for her party on Sunday -- the rescheduled party. I had to attend graduation Saturday morning, which, yay for me, ended up being one of the biggest graduations yet -- I was at school from 8am until almost 1:30pm! Loren was waiting for me to get home so he could start cleaning our disastrous house. On my way home I decided to swing by KFC because I hadn't eaten lunch. I ordered and pulled up to the window to discover that I had left my wallet sitting on my desk at work. Great. But the guy gave me my food and said "I trust you" to come back and pay him! I couldn't believe it, but I was pretty happy because I was starving. Once home I ate, and then got Addie ready to come to a graduation party with me. We heard a knock on the door, and Katrina, Tony, and the boys were there -- apologizing for being late for the party, when they were actually a day early! :) So they hung out for a while, and then Addie and I swung by KFC to pay for my delicious food, then all the way down to BSU to get my stinkin' wallet, and then headed over to Cynthia's house -- she's an adjunct faculty member who graduated and invited us over for a little party. We chatted for a bit and enjoyed all the fun animals -- she has 4 dogs, including 2 adorable min-pins, lots of chickens, and a pony. On my way home I called Loren and he said "That was fast!" -- apparently I hadn't quite given him enough time to finish cleaning. But the house looked great and we were able to get most of it tidied up by that night.

Sunday was hectic. Starting at 8am it was busy-busy with grocery shopping, getting food ready, putting up decorations, getting myself and Addie ready, etc. Thankfully Robin came by early and helped a bunch with the food. We had a tasty spread of sushi (thanks to Robin), chips and dip, potato salad (thanks to Rick), fruit, a veggie tray and pasta salad (thanks to my mom), a green salad, shish-kabobs, cupcakes, and pineapple upside-down cake (thanks to my dad). Guests started showing up at 1pm, and eventually included Grandma Robin, Uncle Ryan, Cassie, Grandpa Rick, Uncle Phil, Pappy (my dad), Denise, Grandma Judy and Grandpa Dominic, Uncle Ben and Aunt Kristy, and Great Grandma Dean. Since we were barbecuing we had planned on sitting out on the patio, but it was so hot!! We moved into the living room/dining room area.



After we stuffed our faces, including Addie (she was walking around picking off peoples' plates), it was time for presents. And this girl made a haul!

She got toys . . .
. . . LOTS of clothes . . .
. . . some sweet shades . . .
. . . books . . .
. . . more books . . .
. . . a doggie . . .
. . . a pretty plate . . .
. . . more clothes . . .
. . . shoes (that she decided to eat) . . .
. . . a sweet car . . .
. . . and a soccer ball!

She did really well and stuck through opening all those gifts! She was having a good time.

Since I knew she was wearing down, we proceeded to the "cake" -- actually a cupcake (a baby-friendly carrot cake, although it was regular cream cheese frosting because my "baby" frosting didn't set up right).

She was pretty mad that she couldn't play with the flame on the candle.

But then she decided it was okay.
Hmm, this is pretty yummy.
Hey, I like cupcakes!
Yep, I'll eat it.

She actually mainly licked the frosting off, and then threw about half of the cupcake on the floor. Oh well. :) By then it was 4pm, which was an hour past what we had planned -- no biggie, but I knew she had to be exhausted. Since this day, the 17th, was also our anniversary, Grandma Judy took the birthday girl home with her, so Loren and I could have some time together. Once we finally cleared the house, we relaxed for a bit and then headed out to see a movie -- Angels and Demons. It was the first movie we'd gone to it quite a while! It was good -- jampacked with action/suspense and twists. It was nice to have an evening to ourselves. We picked up Addie on our way home, along with the dogs (who were at Rick's) and all of us crashed after the busy day!

No comments: