Sunday, May 10, 2009

How Being a Mom Has Changed Me

I am way more emotional. I cry at tv shows, movies, documentaries, even commercials (I'm even crying as I write this). I am much more self aware. I want to be a better person because I want Addie to think the world of me (which will probably happen until she hits the teen or even pre-teen age). I'm trying to eat healthier, to be a good model for her. I want to make the world better for her to live in -- I'm slowly making small changes like recycling, reducing my consumerism, being more environmentally aware . . . I continue to care less and less about material things. I've never wanted to protect someone/something so much from every pain/disappointment/struggle. I have realized my level of patience. I empathize with others much more. I appreciate my own mother more. My love for Loren has grown even more. A night at home with my family is so much more appealing than drinks and dancing with friends. I love my body, even my small boobs (I think the superpower of breastfeeding has made me finally appreciate them). I have made a lot of incredible friends that I would have never met otherwise. I knit and am back into sewing. I enjoy cooking. I don't stress as much about work, and rarely bring it home with me. I enjoy talking about diapers, breastfeeding, babies, etc. I blog. :)

This is an image I found on my computer titled "kadie" -- I think I ran across it at some point and it reminded me of my friend Kadie. But I don't know if I ever shared it with her. I found it appropriate for a mom's day blog.

Although I'm sick today and didn't get to enjoy the day as I normally would, I felt the appreciation from Loren, who has insisted on sole diaper duty today and made me breakfast and lunch. And for a bit of a turn-around from my usual Mother's Day, my MIL and mom both stopped by with gifts for me (and to my embarrassment I had neither of their's ready yet because I hadn't anticipated seeing them until next Sunday). It's nice to be loved. :)

No comments: