Monday, June 1, 2009

Pretty Shirt for a Pretty Girl

My Valley Bums is currently in the middle of "stash games" -- where we try to get rid of our constantly-in-piles supplies like yarn and fabric. This time it's a sewing stash game, so we're busting sewing stash. I don't have a lot, but the game is a good motivational tool for me to actually do something, so I have actually been using my sewing machine lately. It's kind of a rocky relationship as I seem to always run into problems, but I have successfully completed a few items. I first tackled the soakers that I put in the last post. Saturday I went to my mom's and used her serger to turn some onesies into shirts (I hate onesies) and make some more wipes, as Addie's are looking rather sad.
These were just plain white, so I added a few embellishments -- just playing around.

And yesterday I made Addie a shirt -- this seems like the first "real" project I've done. I think it came out pretty cute. Now I just need to get my butt in gear to make 2 gifts for 2 soon-to-have-a-newborn mamas!
Pardon her hair. With the AC being out she's kind of a sweaty mess all the time, so the hair's a little wild these days!

1 comment:

Becky Brown said...

What a great idea on the onesies! And what are "Valley Bums"?