Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wahooz

The new lame title for Boondocks. Can we still just call it Boondocks? I can't ever remember Wahooz. Anyways, we went on Friday because Loren's work was celebrating the end of Groupwise (BSU has switched to Google instead).

Loren went on the go-carts:

Addie checked out the planters:

We played miniature golf and she wanted nothing to do with the golf club, but did like the golf balls.

Once she got ahold of mine she wouldn't give it back. Then when I finally took it, the darn house ate it and I couldn't play anymore!

We also saw some pretty flowers while golfing.


Here are just a few more pics I wanted to share. Addie loves watching Daddy and Uncle Ryan in the backyard.

But thinks she REALLY needs to be out there with them! (Loren was mowing, so she wasn't allowed out)

Speaking of the backyard, we finally got it "liveable" with sod and have been enjoying it -- but it's so hot back there since the tree fell down, that we really need some shade. Ryan said he would build us an arbor, so I made the mistake of asking him to start that. The deck was a bit unstable so he decided to pull up some of it first, to make sure we had a good base for the arbor. Well half the wood was rotted out, so this is what I have now:


Actually it's a bit different because he moved those bushes to the fenceline, so now we'll have a nice big opening from the deck to the yard.

And this is the other side while the deck was being tore up:

So Ryan tore up the whole deck and is going to build us a new one -- very nice of him! :) And we have the money to do it now, so I don't mind. After the pretty new deck is built, we'll get a pretty new arbor. I'm so excited! :) Now I just have to be patient without my yard for a while . . .

1 comment:

Becky Brown said...

When you get your "Pretty new deck" give me a call and I'll come have a "pretty glass of wine" and try it out. We need to get together. I bet Tucker would even play with Addie at this point. He isn't too afraid of women...yet.