Saturday, June 27, 2009

We Came, We Ate, We Enjoyed

Oh how I love McCall. My mom invited us up to enjoy their timeshare last week. We headed up Sunday and came back Thursday, enjoying our time with my mom, stepdad Dominic, stepsister Wendy, family friends Danny and Tami, and for part of the time, my Grandma Dean and Ryan. I feel like we spent a lot of our time eating -- and I loved every minute of it! I was just complaining to Loren about how I always feel guilty eating around all these people on diets who are constantly worried about what they're eating -- it was so refreshing to spend time with people who love food as much as I do, and not the "good for you" kind! :) Well some of it was, but there were plenty of sweets to be had. :) Addie enjoyed it too -- she ate like a pig! She was shoveling her face every chance she got. We discovered that she loves blueberries (which we would have never known because Loren and I don't particularly like them) and clementines. But of course upon our return home she has gone back to her picky self. Oh well, hopefully she packed on a little weight while we were there. We enjoyed some walks, the indoor pool, relaxing, shopping, chatting, playing the Wii, and much more. It was Addie's first time at a swimming pool -- she didn't seem overly excited by it, but then she kept wanting to get back in, so I assume she liked it. :) My mom and I even got to go on a horseback ride, and Addie got to ride her second pony. It was great to get out of town and relax, and to spend some relaxed time with family -- not the usual busy hectic get-togethers for holidays and birthdays. It was a rare trip in that I wasn't ready to come home -- usually I'm ready after just a couple days. But it was so comfortable and beautiful. My family has spent summers in McCall my whole life, so it's kind of another home to me anyways. I wasn't ready to leave, but it was nice to see my puppers and spend a night in my own bed.

No comments: