Friday, October 15, 2010

Add Author to the Resume

Check this out: https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=15005

One of my roles as faculty is to conduct research and get articles published. I don't have a research background and am not in a field that is very research intense, so it's an area in my career that I've struggled with a bit. Luckily I have great colleagues that have helped me along. A coworker, Tedd, was kind enough to let me help him with this particular publication. It actually started as a chapter for a larger book concerning PTSD (and still is part of that larger book), but the publisher asked if they could also publish it as a book by itself. I'm not sure it's anything that will ever sell (I know, I know, you're surprised it's not flying off the shelves), but it's pretty darn cool to be an author (although I must really give most of the credit to Tedd). I continue to be amazed at the opportunities I'm given each day, especially when I originally had no aspirations higher than obtaining my Bachelor's (not to undermine that achievement -- I think that's a great goal by itself). I never aspired to be a teacher or be in education, but I now wonder why I hadn't considered it -- hello, I'm a total nerd that loves school; what better setting for me?? :)

No comments: