Sunday, October 17, 2010

Breakin' the Law, Breakin' the Law

Last year Cassie and I took Addie to the corn maze (actually Hayden too, I just didn't know it at the time), so we decided to go again this year. She has class and work on Saturdays, so we decided Sunday was the best day. We planned on today, but she had a funeral, so I called in Grandma (my mom) as back-up. I had already purchased tickets for Farmstead so my mom met me in Meridian and we headed out. To Kuna. Where it was last year. I am friends with them on Facebook and had recently looked at their website, so I didn't think twice about it. We get to Kuna to find a sign that says they've moved to Eagle and Overland. So we turn around and head that direction. We find it and drive in to see only a few cars. Yay, we picked a great day! We park, unload, and head in. Hmm, no concessions are open. Maybe they don't run them on Sunday. Wait, no one is at the gate to take our ticket. I guess they're closed. But people were still walking around, so we headed in. I called Loren to check and see if they open at all on Sunday (no) and if Linder (the other corn maze) was open (no). Why wouldn't they be open on Sunday? Seems to me like they're losing out on some good business. But everyone was walking around enjoying what was available -- the corn pit, the jumping pillow, and the animals.



We probably spent at least an hour there, commenting on how nice it was for them to leave some attractions open even when no one was there.




We were coming out of the mini maze when we saw police officers. Apparently they didn't mean to leave ANY attractions open -- it appears they forgot to close the gate and we were trespassing. Oops! Nothing like breaking the law with Grandma and two kids in tow. ;) Rebels! At least we weren't the only ones who 1) didn't bother to check that they were open Sunday and 2) decided to stay and enjoy the day anyway. There were still people driving in as we left.

So Farmstead, I apologize for trespassing, but I must say that the time we enjoyed there eased my irritation of driving to the old location (would it be too much to ask to put a nice big "We've Moved" sign on your website?) and not being open on Sunday (you're only open for a month, why not take full advantage?). I still have 2 pre-paid passes, so we may be back on Saturday (as I did not yet get to enjoy the actual corn maze). And if I do indeed come back, I am sure I will spend enough money at concessions to make up for the few items taken advantage of today. Although Addie is really the only one that enjoyed anything today and she's free!

No comments: