Sunday, October 17, 2010

New (to me). Local. Delicious.

I have to market two new local favorites I tried this week. One is Tree City, a small smoothie place by BSU (off Capitol). I actually tried them a few weeks ago, but forgot to make my recommendations. This little place is locally owned, uses local products, uses whole fruits in their smoothies, makes a lot of their own stuff (including their tortillas, almond milk, and potato chips), has a great healthy menu, and is delicious! The options for smoothies are a bit overwhelming -- I almost wish they had a "grab bag" where they just surprise you because they all look great. My only complaint is that the entree menu is rather limited (but tasty). I really hope they last. They're in a location that hasn't had much luck in the past. Go check them out!

The other place we tried was Golden Wheel. Yes, that old drive-in off Fairview -- I know, it's been there forever, but we had never been! We decided to try it Friday after spending 2 hours in the park taking pictures (thank you Erin! can't wait to see them!). I had a hamburger, sweet potato fries, and a shake. Hamburger was deliciously non-greasy. Sweet potato fries were tasty with sweet marshmallow dip. And the shake -- oh the shake -- a cowpie shake (chocolate ice cream with oreos, caramel, and whip cream) -- sinful! Everything was so good I wanted to go back the new day. I did, in fact, stop by today just to inhale another heavenly shake. Definitely a new regular for us. :)

The next local place on my list (of new-to-me ones yet to try) is Boobies. Any other locally-owned recommendations?

1 comment:

be said...

tree city sounds awesome! i always loved the golden wheel! they had a really good veggie burger:)