Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Drowning

I was doing so good...then a couple days of being sick and now I can't seem to get caught up. I came home and asked Loren if he felt like he was drowning like I am and he said yes (but he thinks it takes less for him to feel this way). Ugh. The house is a disaster. Stuff everywhere, loads of laundry, dishes that can't seem to all make it into the dishwasher, a floor covered in whatever the dogs track in. I'm not getting my exercise. I never have the motivation to make an appropriate dinner (thank goodness Loren makes sure we're fed). I haven't done any of my own schoolwork for a week. My days at work are entirely taken up by emails, advising, and class prep -- nevermind the test I need to write, the 3 research projects I have going, the clinical phone calls I need to make, my disaster of an office...When do all these talented mamas I know have to time to knit/sew/dye/cook all these wonderful creations?? It's midterm time and it seems I am suffering the mid-semester stress that seems to always ail faculty and students. I'll get there, I always do. :) One day at a time...

No comments: